Terms and Booking Conditions
The Property (La Bergerie, La Tufferie or La Vigne) collectively known as LES LAVANDES, is offered for rental by Ken and Linda Austin (“The Owners”) to the renter (“The Client) under the following conditions:
Please note the following:
- Complete the booking form, all fields are required.
- We require a deposit of £150 per property, per week, to confirm your booking.
- On receipt of your form, we will send you an invoice.
- Full payment is required 8 weeks before arrival. If you book within this 8 week period, your invoice will be for the full amount.
- You can pay via Paypal or Bank Transfer. Paypal payments will incur a 3.9% transaction fee.
- On receipt of your Booking Form and Payment, we will send you a Booking Confirmation.
- An invoice for the balance of your Holiday Booking will be sent to you on the due date.
- We require a cleaning and breakage deposit of £150 per property per week, which is payable in cash when you arrive and will be returned to you, less any charges for excessive cleaning or breakage's if applicable.
- We do not provide towels, however, if you are flying in, they can be hired for 7 euros per person which will include a Hand Towel, Bath Towel and Pool Towel for your stay.
- All prices quoted are in pounds Stirling and are per house per week.
- Pets are welcome. If you are bringing your pet with you the cost is 10 euros per animal per day, payable in cash on arrival.
- The rental price does not include the cost of heating, which is 50 euros per week if required.
- Reservations made by phone or email will be held for 5 working days.
- French Law shall govern the contract in all its aspects.
All prices quoted are in pounds Stirling and are per house per week. Prices are reviewed annually and are not changed during the season. Prices for winter heating are £50 per property per week.
A Cleaning and Breakage deposit of £150 per house, per week is required, and should be paid in cash on arrival. This will be returned to you on the day of departure, less deductions for any excessive cleaning or breakages if applicable. All prices and charges are available on our website. There are no hidden charges levied by the Owners.
Reservations made by phone or email will be held for 5 working days. A contract only comes into existence when:
- 1. We have received a non refundable deposit of £150 per house, per week in the form of a PayPal payment or Direct Bank Transfer
- 2. A Booking Form has been completed online and submitted
- 3. we have issued a written confirmation of booking.
The outstanding balance must be paid eight (8) weeks before the start of your holiday. If your holiday falls within this 8-week, period payment must be made in full at the time of booking. If payment is not received on the due date, the Owners reserve the right to treat the booking as canceled by you and the dates will be offered to other interested parties. All deposits (excepting breakage deposits) are non-refundable. If you decide to pay by Direct Bank Transfer a confirmation will not be issued until the funds are released into our account. Please be aware that this may take you over the 5 working days holding period and we cannot therefore guarantee your booking. If you decide to pay by Paypal a 3.9% transaction fee will be added. Any other charges for towels or pets etc, must be paid on arrival.
CANCELLATION BY YOU
If we receive notice of cancellation less than four weeks before your holiday start date, you will be charged the full amount due. If we receive notice of cancellation less than eight weeks before your holiday start date, you will be charged 50% of the amount due. We strongly advise that you take out adequate holiday insurance's to cover this eventuality. Please inform us immediately by telephone and confirm your cancellation in writing. If after we have issued a Booking Confirmation, you wish to alter your booking, please let us know immediately. We will endeavor to accommodate you, BUT, this may not be possible. There will be a £50 alteration fee.
CANCELLATION BY US
In the unlikely event that we have to cancel your booking or there are major changes to it due to matters beyond our control which are not covered below, we will advise you as soon as possible and will endeavor to offer you suitable alternative accommodation. If this is not possible or you do not wish to accept the alternatives offered, we will give you a complete refund of all monies paid by you.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
The property will be available to you from 4pm on the day of your arrival until 10am on the day of your departure. Changeover days are on Saturday unless stated otherwise. If you are unable to arrive at a reasonable time or wish to leave before 8am, please notify the owners beforehand. If you arrive at an unreasonable hour without notification and are unable to gain access to the property, we cannot be held responsible for any cost incurred for alternative overnight accommodation. All the properties are cleaned before letting, and you are responsible for keeping and leaving the property in a clean and tidy condition. Monies will be deducted from your Cleaning and Breakage deposit to cover the costs of excessive cleaning.
DAMAGE AND BREAKAGE DEPOSITS
Should you or other members of your party or guests cause any damage to the property, its contents, grounds, or any third party or property then you will be deemed responsible for such damage. We strongly advise you to take out adequate insurance to cover such an eventuality. Should you find any of the amenities listed in the property description damaged or broken, please bring it to the Owners attention immediately to avoid any later repercussions. All monies paid as breakage deposits are the property of the Owners and will be returned on the day of departure, less any deductions for breakage’s if applicable. Clients are responsible at all times for the safety and behaviour of their children.
We cannot accept liability in any circumstances where performance of the contract is prevented by reason of: War or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activities, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disasters, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions, acts of God, closure of ports or airports, epidemics, government action or any similar events outside our control.
If a problem arises, please notify the owners immediately. No complaint will be entertained unless it is raised with the Owners personally before the property is vacated and confirmed in writing within 7 days of the end of your holiday. We reserve the right to terminate a booking at any time if any of these conditions are not met in full and you will be asked to leave the property. Please check all details of your booking confirmation carefully. A submitted booking form is taken as proof that you have read understood and agree with the above Terms and Conditions and will abide by them. Under no circumstances shall the Owners liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period. French Law shall govern the contract in all its aspects.